1992 Ph. D. in Electrical Engineering: Systems
Dissertation title: Time Delay Estimation for Inhomogeneous Poisson Processes in the Presence of Gaussian noise.
Supervisor: Assistant Professor Alfred O. Hero.
1990 Master of Science (M. Sc.) in Bioengineering
Thesis title: Correlation Analysis for Abnormal Cardiac Signals
Supervisor: Assoc. Professor Janice Jenkins.
1989 Master of Science (M. Sc.) . in Electrical Engineering: Systems
Supervisor: Assistant Professor Alfred O. Hero.
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
1986 Diploma in Electrical Engineering
Diploma thesis title: Myoelectrical Signal Processing
Supervisor: Assistant Professor Stavros Panas
10/00 - today Professor at TEI of Epirus, Dept. Of Informatics and Telecommunications Technology
Telecom Organization of Greece.
7/96-7/97 ÁÔÔÉÊÏ ÌÅÔRÏ S.A. Network management, application development, electronic services, workgroup for development of an Electronic Document Processing (EDP) system
1994 Military Service at the Geographic Military Service. Satellite Image Processing, GIS, extensive use of packages ERDAS and Arc/Info.
1/94-5/94 HITEC S.A: Image Processing, robotics, algorithm development (Project Robofish, funded by the European Union)
§ Advanced Internet Services. Graduate Program “Telecom Applications”. University of Ioannina (2005-2006)
TEI of Epirus, Dept. of Informatics and Telecom Technology
§ Database Systems I. 2000-today
§ Cellular Mobile Communications. 2001-2002
§ Project Management. 2006-2008
§ Technical Writing. 2002-today
University of Michigan, Dept. of Electrical Engineering: Systems
§ Probability and Random Processes. 1991-1992
§ Introduction in Signal Processing. 1987-1988
· Head of Department of Informatics and Telecommunication Technology, TEI of Epirus (2000-2001, 2002-2003, 2008-today)
· Member of the technical Board of TEI of Epirus (2005-2008)
· Head of the Technical Board of TEI of Epirus (2008-2010)
· Head of the Informatics Sector, Department of Informatics and Telecommunication Technology, TEI of Epirus (2006-2008)
1. A. O. Hero, N. Antoniadis, N. Clinthorne, W. L. Rogers, G. D. Hutchins, "Optimal and Suboptimal Timing Estimators for PET", IEEE Trans. on Nuclear Science, pp. 725-729, Vol. NS-37 (2), January 1990.
2. N. Antoniadis and A. O. Hero, "Time Delay Estimation for Filtered Poisson Processes Using an EM-Type Algorithm", 1992 IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP-92), pp. 289 – 292, vol.5, 23-26 March 1992.
3. N. Antoniadis and A. O. Hero, "Time Delay Estimation for Filtered Poisson Processes Using an EM-Type Algorithm", IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing, pp. 2112 – 2123, Vol. SP-42 (8), August 1994.
4. C. Kyritsis and N. Antoniadis, “Option Pricing Based on the Concept of Insurance Market Models-Free Methods that Give as Special Case the Black-Scholes Option Pricing”, Review of Economic Sciences, pp. 177-190, 8, 2005.
1. C Morelli et al., “Hidden Markov Models for Radio Localization in Mixed LOS/NLOS Conditions“, to appear in IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing, 2007
2. W. C. Karl et al., “High-resolution biosensor spectral peak shift estimation”, IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing, pp. 4631-4639, Vol. SP-53 (12), December 2005.
Gkizeli et al., “Blind iterative recovery of spread-spectrum steganographic messages”,
Proceedings of Intl. Conf. on Image
Processing 2005 (ICIP 2005), pp. 1098-1101, Vol. 2,
O. Hero, “On the problem of granulometry for a degraded Boolean image model”, Proceedings of Intl. Conf. on Image
Processing 1999 (ICIP 1999), pp. 16-20, Vol. 2,
5. T. F. Li, “Multipath time delay estimation using regression stepwise procedure”, IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing, pp. 191-195, Vol. SP-46 (1), January 1998.
6. R. E. Sequeira and JA Gubner, “Blind intensity estimation from shot-noise data”, IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing, pp. 421-433, Vol. SP-45 (2), February 1997
7. T. K. Moon, “The Expectation-Maximization Algorithm”, IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, pp. 47-60, November 1996.
Huang, “Application of EM Algorithm to Image Processing”, M. Sc. Thesis,
9. C. L. Chan and A. K. Katsaggelos, “Iterative maximum likelihood displacement field estimation inquantum-limited image sequences”, IEEE Trans. on Image Processing, pp. 743-751, Vol. 4 (6), June 1995
10. Á. O. Hero and J. A. Fessler, “Convergence in norm for alternating Expectation-Maximization (EM) type algorithms”, Stat. Sinica, pp. 41-54, Vol. 5 (1), January 1995
1. Y.P. Shao, “A new timing model for calculating the intrinsic timing resolution of a scintillator detector”, Physics in Medicine and Biology, pp. 1103-1117, Vol. 52 (4), February 2007.
M. Binkley, “Optimization of scintillation detector timing systems using
3. N. Petrick et al., “Least-squares arrival time estimators for single and piled up scintillation pulses”, IEEE Trans. on Nuclear Science, pp. 1026-1030, Vol. 40 (4) Part 1, August 1993
4. N. Petrick et al., “Least-squares arrival time estimators for photons detected using a photomultiplier tube”, IEEE Trans. on Nuclear Science, pp. 738-741, Vol. 39 (4), August 1992
5. N. Petrick et al., “1st photoelectron timing error evaluation of a new scintillation detector model”, IEEE Trans. on Nuclear Science, pp. 174-177, Vol. 38 (2), Part 1, April 1991
6. Á. O. Hero et al., “A lower bound on PET timing estimation with pulse pileup”, IEEE Trans. on Nuclear Science, pp. 709-712, Vol. 38 (2), Part 1, April 1991
7. Á. O. Hero, “Timing estimation for a filtered Poisson process in Gaussian-noise”, IEEE Trans. on Information Theory, pp. 92-106, Vol. 37 (1), January 1991
8. N. Clinthorne et al., “A Method For Improving Time-of-arrival Estimation For Weak Optical Signals With Applications To Scintillation Detectors”, Nuclear Science Symposium 1990, Conference record, October 1990.
1. L. Zarangas, “Stock Market Prices, Mean Reversion and Capital Breaks: Evidence from Emerging Markets”, Review of Economic Sciences, pp. 125-140, 9, 2006
1. Á. O. Hero, N. Antoniadis, N. Clinthorne, W. L. Rogers, G. D. Hutchins, "Optimal and Suboptimal Timing Estimators for PET", Nuclear Science Symposium, San Francisco, California, January 1990.
2. N. Antoniadis and A. O.
Hero, "Time Delay Estimation for Filtered Poisson Processes Using an
EM-Type Algorithm", Intl. Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal
3. A. Lambros and N. Antoniadis, «Use of Mobile Phones by Students», 9th Panhellenic Congress of the Union of Greek Physicists, Chios, November 1-4, 2001
4. A. Lambros, N. Antoniadis, G. Stylios, M. Lambrou «Impact of the Use of Mobile Phones to Young People», 10th Panhellenic Congress of the Union of Greek Physicists, Loutraki, January 28-31, 2004
5. Í. Antoniadis, P. Kostarakis, V. Raptis, N. Stavrou, G. Tatsis, I. Marmorkos «M-ary Digital Signal Modulation and Digital Signal Transmission », 10th Conference of the Union of Greek Physicists and the Union of Cypriot Physicists, Kerkyra, March 1-4 2007.